Frequently asked questions
- Can I use my ISRE account to sign into the conference website?
- No, your login credentials for the isre.org website won't work on the conference website.
Please create a separate account for the conference.
- How do I create an account?
- Please fill in this form.
- How do I sign in?
- You can use the sign-in menu on the top right, or go to this page.
- How can I change my password?
- You can reset your password here.
- What kinds of submissions do you accept?
- Submissions for individual talks and posters are welcome, as are proposals for symposia.
- How can I submit an abstract?
- Please see this page for guidelines and go here to start your submission.
- Who reviews the papers?
- The international scientific committee will review all submissions. The members of the international scientific committee are listed here.
- When is the deadline for submissions?
- The deadline is 12 November 2018 (AoE).
- Where can I see the status of my submission?
- In your user profile under Abstracts (requires being signed-in).
- How long are the talks?
- Talks will be 15 minutes long plus 3 minutes for questions.
- How big are the poster boards?
- The recommended poster size is A0 (841 × 1189 mm) and the poster boards will be in portrait orientation.
- What is the format of the flash talks?
- Flash talks should be 5 minutes long, structured like a regular talk with slides.
- If I give a flash talk, should I also present a poster?
- If you have been accepted for a flash talk, you will be scheduled for a poster session in addition. This way you can use the flash talk to advertise your poster.
- When should I put up and take down my poster?
- You can put up your poster in the morning on the day on which your poster session is scheduled. Please take your poster down by the end of that day.
- What equipment is available?
- Each conference room has a PC connected to a projector and speakers. Please bring your talk on a memory stick and put it on the computer before the session in which you’re speaking. If you would like to use a laptop to present your work, please also bring your presentation on a memory stick as backup, and please bring a suitable connector cable or adapter; the conference rooms are equipped with VGA and HDMI.
- Can I register on site?
- Yes, on-site registration will be available at the conference venue. However, late registration rates apply after June 1, so it is advisable to register early.
- Can I register only for a pre-conference?
- No, registration for one of the pre-conferences is only possible when registering for the main conference.
- Can I get a receipt of my conference registration payment?
- Yes, you can in three simple steps:
1) Log into the conference website,
2) Hover over the symbol in the top right hand corner and click on Visit my profile,
3) Click on the tab Registration and print your receipt.
- Until when can I sign up for the dinner?
- You can register for the dinner until July 1st 2019. Please note that if all available places are filled, registration for the conference dinner may close earlier.
- What is included in the dinner fee?
- The fee for the dinner covers the canal boat ride to get to the dinner venue from the conference venue, and a cocktail dinner including drinks (wine, beer, and soft drinks).
- Is it possible to get a certificate of attendance?
- Yes, after the completion of the conference you can get a certificate of attendance by emailing us.
- What if I cannot attend the conference?
- Please note that refund requests must be submitted via email to the conference organizers by July 1, 2019, and will be subject to a 20% cancellation fee. The registration fee is not refundable after this date. If you are a presenting author and unable to attend the conference, please contact the conference organisers as soon as possible to discuss a possible replacement.
- Am I currently a member of ISRE?
- If you are unsure whether you are a current member of ISRE, please go to the ISRE website and log in. If you are able to log in, you are a current member. If you cannot log in to the ISRE site, you will be directed to the dues payment page. Once you have paid your 2019 dues, you can register for the 2019 conference as an ISRE member.
- Can I volunteer at the conference?
- Thank you, but we already have enough student volunteers for the conference.
- Will paper copies of the program be available?
- No, paper copies of the conference program will not be available. The program will be available online; if you would like a paper version, please print (part of) the pdf version of the program.
- Will there be wifi at the convention?
- Yes, wifi will be available at the conference venue.
- Will the conference cater for special dietary requirements?
- The food served at the ISRE 2019 conference will be vegetarian. We will try to cater for any further special dietary requirements. Please note any special dietary requirements when you register for the dinner or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When will the dissertation award be announced?
- The dissertation award will be announced at the conference.
- Can bring my partner to the conference dinner or other social events?
- In principle all social events in the conference program are only for people registered to attend the conference. However, if there are still places available for the conference dinner on July 1st 2019, you may bring a partner (payment would be arranged separately). If you would like for your partner to join you at the ISRE conference dinner, please email us at email@example.com by July 1st 2019.
- What is the conference hashtag?
- Please use the hashtag #ISRE2019 to tweet about the conference.
- My question was not answered here. What do I do?
- Please email us.